Thursday, January 20, 2011

Julie Frankian Breaks Millbury Scoring Record

Julie Frankian Has 1,410 Career Points

Assumption bound Millbury senior Julie Frankian became the Woolies’ all-time leading scorer during last night’s clash with Tantasqua Regional, tossing in a game-high 27 points to surpass Brian Parath’s 1,410 points and lead Millbury to a 58-46 home victory. Frankian broke Parath’s mark with less than a minute to go in the first quarter when she sank a dribble-and-pop 3-pointer. Frankian missed her first two shots and then hit three straight, each from the perimeter. “I was kind of hesitant in the beginning because I was a little bit nervous, but now I’m just glad it’s over and I don’t have this burden on me anymore,” Frankian said. “I’m very excited to have the record. Now we can just go out and try to win the league, districts, and also try to get back to States. I’m really looking forward to the rest of the season.”