Nicole Boudreau on top of the Class
The New Year has come and gone. We have seen a lot of basketball in December and will be updating our rankings accordingly. The following is the updated rankings for the Mass Girls Class of 2012.
1. Nicole Boudreau (5’9”, Andover High School) – Boudreau is as good as advertised. The 5’9” Boston College bound combo guard is capable of putting up huge numbers in a hurry. For the second year in a row she was a dominant force at the Greater Lawrence Christmas Tournament. Boudreau is a deadly shooter from the outside but she can also attack the hoop and finish at the rim . Boudreau is also an exceptional passer. She seems to thrive when the game is on the line. She likes to have the ball in pressure situacions. Plays with a lot of heart and confidence. A natural leader who loves to win. She is a top 100 prospect in the country.
2. Brooke Stewart (5’10”, Masconomet High School) - Stewart is a 5’10 guard who can play every position on the floor. She has had an exceptional start to this season as she is averaging better than 25 points per game. Stewart has a natural knack for putting the ball in the basket, whether it comes from a 3 beyond the arc, filling the lane for an easy lay up, or getting an offensive put back. Stewart knows how to fill up the stat sheet. Stewart is also very physical and is a tough match up for opposing guards. Stewart is also an exceptional rebounder. Her versatility and toughest make her definite prospect at the next level.
3. Elizabeth Belanger (6’0”, Acton-Boxboro High School) Belanger is a 6’0” combo forward who has great size and strength. Belanger has a great skill package. She is a match up problem for most forwards her size because she has the ability to play inside-out. She is a very good shooter from the outside and she is also capable of putting the ball on the floor and finishing at the rim.Belanger can also go to the low post and score. Belanger is a very physical player who does not shy away from contact . Has a great basketball IQ.
4. Lexi Sells (5’10", Bishop Feehan )- We saw play Sell plays in December and we love her game. Sells is a combo guard who can score in a variety of ways. Sells is extremely athletic and plays the game with great intensity. Sells is also a lock down defender who creates a great deal of offense through her defensive play. Sells is a good shooter who can knock down a three as well as mid-range jumpers. Great rebounder for her size.
5. Tianna Johnson (5’6”, New Mission High School) – Johnson is an ultra quick point guard who sees the floor extremely well. Johnson has a great handle and basketball awareness which is evident every time we see her play. She has great court vision and is always willing to set up a teammate for an easy basket. Johnson is a good defender who loves to pressure the ball the length of the floor. She is the ultimate floor general.