Nicole Boudreau is Number in the Class of 2012
1. Nicole Boudreau (5’9”, Andover High School) – Boudreau is a combo guard who is capable of putting up huge numbers in a hurry. She is a deadly shooter from the outside but she can also attack the hoop and finish at the rim. Boudreau is also an exceptional passer. She seems to thrive when the game is on the line and likes to have the ball in pressure situations. Boudreau plays with a little swagger to her and plays with a lot of heart and confidence. She is a natural leader who loves to win. If Boudreau has a weakness it is the fact that she sometimes becomes stationary around the three point line. We would love to see her move better when she doesn't have the basketball. If Boudreau is willing to to this, she will become unstoppable at any college level. Nonetheless, Boudreau is currently a top 100 prospect in the country and it will be fun to watch her play and develop over the next two years.
2. Brooke Stewart (5’10”, Masconomet High School) - Stewart is a versitile guard who can play every position on the floor. She has a natural knack for putting the ball in the basket. Stewart can fill up the stat sheet from beyond the 3 point arc, filling the lane for an easy lay up, or by getting an offensive put back. She also plays a very physical game making her a tough match up for opponents. Because of the physicality of her game and her desire, Stewart is also an exceptional rebounder. Stewart needs to develop a better mid-range game by learning to create more space off the dribble. Nonetheless, her versatility and toughest make her definite prospect at the college level.
3. Elizabeth Belanger (6’0”, Acton-Boxboro High School) - Belanger is a combo forward who has great size and strength. Belanger also has a great skill package. She is a match up problem for most forwards her size because she has the ability to play inside-out. She is a very good shooter from the outside and she is also capable of putting the ball on the floor and finishing at the rim. Belanger can also go to the low post and score. Belanger is a very physical player who does not shy away from contact. Added to this, she has a great basketball IQ.
4. Tianna Johnson (5’6”, Brockton High School) – Johnson is an ultra quick point guard who sees the floor extremely well. Johnson has a great handle and basketball awareness which is evident every time we see her play. She has great court vision and is always willing to set up a teammate for an easy basket. Johnson is a good defender who loves to pressure the ball the length of the floor. Johnson is a true point guard and the ultimate floor general.
5. Blake Underhill (5'6”, Ashland High School) – Underhill is an athletic combo guard who is excellent in the open floor and at attacking the rim. She plays very physical and does not shy away from contact. She is a very good slasher and finisher around the rim. Underhill would benefit greatly if she were to develop a more pronounced mid range game. She has the potential to be a very solid college player .
To see more, visit our updated rankings.